Watch this video on how to speak about colours in English then practice with the questions below. Read out each question and then answer it. It is that simple. Make yourself start speaking right away without pausing to think for too long a time.
Have you got a pen and paper ready so that you can give yourself one minute to prepare for the cue card?
Here are the questions:
Part 1 (Try to answer with at least three sentences for each question.
- What is your favourite colour?
- Is this the same colour you preferred when you were a child?
- How have your preferences in colours changed?
Describe a colourful place you once visited.
You should say:
- Where it was.
- Why you were there.
- Who you were with.
- How it was colourful.
And explain how it made you feel to be there.
Part 3 (answer for one minute each question)
- Do women and men like to wear the same colours?
- In your culture, are there any colours with specific meanings?
- How do you think colour affects people’s moods?